This new compact model from Nitecore has some useful features for users including 3 types of light output. A Cool, Warm and Red LED for a triple output.
Maximum power is rated to a very respectable 800 lumens (Turbo), with a top level of 500 lumens (Cool/Warm White)
3 power levels for the Cool/Warm white and 2 modes for the Red LED (Constant and flashing), with a maximum run time of up to 11 hours (low 100 lumens battery pack Cool/Warm white)
Dual power options for the UT27, you can use the HLB1300 rechargeable battery pack (1300mAh capacity), or use common AAA cells (3 in total), it’s possible to use rechargeable ones (Ni-MH) or alkaline. You’ll always have a power source available. The power pack features a type C charging port for convenience and charge level indicators.
Nitecore have developed a new skin friendly adjustable headband, with more holes for improved comfort and ventilation. It has reflective markings too for safety reasons. The headlamp has a 90 degree tilt, with a simple 180 degree battery compartment opening making it fast to change cells.
It includes a diffusion sack which can be used to turn the headlamp into a makeshift lantern, and also for storage carrying it, and the charging cable.
It’s impact tested to 1 metre, with a weather resistance rating of IP66 for water and dust protection. And made from strong polycarbonate materials.
Being a light weight of only 74g, it’s particularly well suited for running or camping activities.
Tripled Output LEDs: Cool, Warm and Red
The Turbo level has a total output of 800 lumens giving a range of up to 160 metres
Both the Cool and Warm have 3 power levels each, and the Cool range is around 132 metres, with the Warm White rated to 124 metres. Cool is rated to 6500K with Warm at 3000K. Cool offering more range, with the Warm LED giving a higher CRI and more accurate colors.
Nitecore have redesigned their optical lens, the new “Truevision +” lens features a high transmission of 94%, and gives a wide even/soft beam profile for illuminating a large area. The hotspot is more diffused compared to traditional lenses.
The Red Auxiliary LED has multiple uses, helping to preserve night vision. It is capable of 10 lumens output, in both constant on, and slow flashing modes.
Dual button interface, with lock out
Twin top mounted buttons give the users quick and precise control over the operation of the headlamp. You can also lock-out the headlamp for safe storage or transportation. Minimal power drain on standby means the UT27 is always available to use when you need it.
A 4 stage battery LED is clearly visible on the case, giving you a great idea of how much capacity is left in the cell (1-4 levels in 25% increments)
And a glow in the dark battery compartment means changing the battery pack or AAA cells is made easier
Nitecore UT27 Key Features
- Triple LED Output, Cool White, Warm White and Red LED’s
- 3 Power levels (Cool/Warm White) with a top output of up to 800 lumens (160m range)
- Red LED has static and flashing modes for enhanced night vision
- New TrueVision + Dual Optical lens for a smoother beam profile
- 4 Stage battery level indicator
- Up to 11 hours run time (Low 100 lumens with battery pack)
- Dual button operation makes it easy to operate
- Lock out function for storage/transportation
- Ultra low standby power consumption
- Comes with diffuser sack for storage and converting to a lantern
- 90 degree head angle
- High capacity removable USB-C (1300mAh) battery pack with charge indication and glow in the dark compartment
- New headband design, with increased airflow and light reflective markings
- High grade Polycarbonate body – drop tested to 1 metre with IPX66 weather resistance